Kids Duck Dash presented by PeaceHealth
Here's a chance for kids to participate in a marathon - one mile at a time. Kids run or walk 25.5 miles over a period of time, logging their progress. Then on race day - Saturday, April 27th - kids complete the final distance to make it a full marathon. Kids who track and complete the entire marathon distance receive a Finisher's Certificate, t-shirt, medal and post race Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast.
Don't want to run a whole marathon? That's fine too. Kids can still participate in the run on Saturday, April 27th with all of the other kids! Just register online, pick up your packet at the Expo or race morning and get ready to run!
2013 Kids Duck Dash presented by PeaceHealth Details
- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.; Saturday, April 27th
- Start Location: 15th Ave. & Onyx (UO Campus)
- Finish Location: On the track at Hayward Field
- Course Map: Kids Duck Dash Course Map (PDF)
- Race Day Distance: Appoximately 1K (approx .6 mile)
- Packet Pick-Up: All Kids Duck Dash participants must pick up their race packet (bib number and t-shirt) on Friday at the Health & Fitness Expo or on Saturday (6:45-7:45 a.m. ONLY) at the Kids Duck Dash starting line (give yourself plenty of time!)
- Parking: There is metered street parking around Hayward Field on Saturdays. Additionally, many UO parking lots are available and free to the public on weekends. Read signs carefully. View Saturday UO Parking Map
- Other Details: Kids Duck Dash participants receive a youth sized, short sleeve cotton t-shirt, finisher's medal, finish line refreshments and the Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast. Kids age 5-12 are welcome to participate. Kids 7 and under MUST have a chaperon run with them on the course. (Although, any age child can run with an adult if he/she chooses. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child please.)
2013 Course Description
The Kids Duck Dash presented by PeachHealth starts at 15th & Onyx (on the University of Oregon campus) heading west with a quick turn onto University. Mini-marathoners and fun runners complete this 1K loop with a right on 13th and another right onto Agate for their blazing finish on the track at Hayward Field in front of cheering fans! The kids will not want to miss this chance to finish just like the full marathoners do the next day! This will be one for your future track star to remember!
Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast & ClifKid
And don't forget the Krusteaz Finisher Pancake Breakfast for all 5K & Kids Duck Dash finishers! And look for the ClifKid tent after the race to re-fuel with a yummy ClifKid ZBar!
How It Works
- Register: Click here to register online or use the mail-in form
- Start Moving: Kids track their progress and move along at their own pace. Use any of the training resources below to help guide your training.
- Track Your Miles: If you're participating in the "full" marathon, then log your miles on the Eugene Kids Duck Dash Official Tracker (PDF) and bring your completed tracker to Packet Pick-up.
- Packet Pick-Up: All participants - fun runners and "full" marathoners - must pick up their race packet at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, April 26th (1:00 - 6:00 p.m.) or at the starting line on Saturday, April 27th (6:45 -7:45 a.m.)
- Race Day: Get yourself to the starting line and get ready to run! Kids 7 and under MUST have a chaperon run with them on the course. (Although, any age child can run with an adult if he/she chooses. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child please.)
Kids Marathon Training Resources:
- Eugene Kids Marathon Official Tracker (PDF)
- Eugene Kids Marathon 9 Week Training (PDF)
- Eugene Kids Marathon 12 Week Training (PDF)
- JUST RUN® - Excellent resource on training, diet and nutrition for kids.
- KidsRunning.com - Created by Carol Goodrow, Runner's WorldKids Running Editor. Find free training trackers, information and tips on all things "kids running."
- JUST RUN ® Health & Fitness Links - List of additional links to youth running resources
- Youth Runner Magazine - A printed & digital magazine for youth runners between the ages of 6-18.
"PeaceHealth is excited to partner with the Eugene Marathon on the Kids Duck Dash," said Catherine Kordesch, MD, Medical Director of Pediatrics for PeaceHealth Medical Group. “Promoting personal and community health is a key part of PeaceHealth’s mission, and we can think of no better way to do that than encouraging youngsters—and their families—to be active, healthy and strong. The prevalence of childhood obesity is one of the nation’s most serious health threats. Events like the Duck Dash not only get kids moving, but can spark a lasting interest in sports and fitness. We hope to see a record number of young racers this year.”
We are excited to partner with KIDSPORTS where all kids play, develop, and have fun! KIDSPORTS is a private non-profit organization in Oregon that provides youth sports programs for pre-K through 12th graders in Eugene/Springfield and surrounding areas. KIDSPORTS teaches children and families the value of physical fitness, sportsmanship, practice and teamwork through sports and activities. Knowledgeable coaches and officials allow each player to achieve their personal best while having fun. All children have the opportunity to play. Sports programs and activities are open to any child who is able to participate regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, ability, or financial status. >>Find out how you can participate with KIDSPORTS
- Race Information
- Travel/Eugene Info
- Partner Offers
- Contact Us
What's Your Story?
Tell us your Eugene Marathon story and we'll share it with others.
We have partnered with Crowdrise to encourage the entire community to unite and fundraise for their favorite charities.