- How can I verify that I am officlally registered? After you've registered, you should receive an email confirmation. If you'd like to double check, click here to confirm your status. Just log into your Active.com account and look for "2014 Eugene Marathon" listed under your events. If you still cannot find your registration, please emai us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-345-2230.
- Are refunds available? Your race entry fee is non-refundable and bib numbers are not transferable to other runners or years. No exceptions.
- Can I transfer my registration to another runner or year? No, your registration, number and timing tag are non-transferable. No exceptions.
- If I have already registered for a race, can I transfer my registration to a different race distance this year? If you have already registered for a race and would like to downgrade or upgrade to a different race distance, email us at email@example.com. There is no refund for the price difference.
- What happens if I am unable to participate but want my t-shirt? You are welcome to pick up your packet and receive your participation t-shirt at the Health & Fitness Expo, though we are unable to mail packets. If you are injured but can still walk or jog, you may want to switch your registration to a shorter distance. See above (#4) for details on transferring to a different race distance.
- Can I register at the Health & Fitness Expo or on the day of the race? Online registration for all races closes on July 19th (mail-in registration closes on June 1st). In-person registration is available for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K and Kids Marathon at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, July 25th. Registration continues for the Marathon and Half Marathon at the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, July 26th. There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. (see the 5K webpage & Kids Duck Dash webpage for specific Packet Pick-Up instructions for those races being held on Saturday, July 26th).
- Can I correct a typo in my registration (address, phone number, birthdate, gender, estimated finish time, t-shirt size)? Yes! Click here and log into your Active.com account. Under "My Events" find "2014 Eugene Marathon" and follow the prompts.
- Is online registration secure? Yes! Active.com handles all registrations and uses a security technology called Secure Socket Layers, or SSL, which encrypts your personal and credit card information while transferring it from your Internet browser to the Active.com servers.
Packet Pick-Up Information
- Is it mandatory to pick up my race packet? Yes. Your race packet includes your official race bib (with timing tags attached), safety pins for your bib and zip tie for your gear check tag. You must wear both your bib on race day or you will not be allowed on the course. If you do not pick up your race packet at the Expo you will not be able to run the race. Packets cannot be mailed.
- Where and when can I pick up my race packet? Race packets will be available for pick-up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, July 25th (1:00 pm - 6:00 pm) and Saturday, July 26th (10:00 am - 6:00 pm). (See the 5K webpage & Kids Duck Dash webpage for specific Packet Pick-Up instructions for those races being held on Saturday, July 26th).
- What do I need to bring with me to pick up my packet? A week before the race you will be emailed Bib # lookup instructions. You may be asked for photo ID and it is always a good idea to bring a hard copy of your registration confirmation email. Bib # information is also easily accessible at the expo.
- Can a friend pick up my race packet on my behalf? REVISED: Yes! We recommend you give friends your bib number and a copy of your registration confirmation email you received during registration.
- What if I cannot make it to the Expo during operating hours? We provide a race day late packet pick-up option ($15) for participants who absolutely cannot pick up their packet during expo hours. Participants purchasing this service must pick-up packets on race morning between 4:30 – 5:15 a.m. ONLY. (Location TBD. Shuttle service or close proximity to start). Limited space is available for this service. Only participants who have paid in advance and reserved this service will be allowed to pick-up their packets race morning. Packets will NOT be available at the starting line. Once you register for this service, you will not receive a refund if you pick-up your packet at the expo or cannot attend the race. Participants may reserve their space and purchase this option ($15) when registering online. (Only available for purchase until 7/23 at 11:59 pm)
- Is the Eugene Marathon a Boston Qualifier? Yes! The marathon & half marathon courses are USATF certified (OR11004LB & OR1105LB)! In other words, you can qualify for the Boston Marathon, Olympic Trials, and yes, even set an official world record.
- Will there be marathon pace groups? Yes. Check our Race Day Details page to find information.
- Are wheelchairs allowed on the course? Yes. If you will be participating in a wheelchair, please note this on your entry form. We strongly suggest that wheelchair participants be experienced racers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to race in a wheelchair, so that we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Are there age requirements? You must be at least 16 (full marathon) and 12 (half marathon) years of age by race day to participate.
- Are iPods or headphones allowed on the course? iPods, walkmans and other earpiece music devices are allowed on the course. If you choose to wear one please be extra cautious and mindful of the volume of your music and your presence on the course.
- Are baby strollers/joggers or un-registered friends allowed on the course? No. Baby strollers/joggers, baby carriers, in-line skates, bicyclists, or unregistered runners are not allowed on the course to ensure safety for all participants. However, there is a baby jogger start for the 5K race only. Runners & walkers with baby joggers in the 5K should line up at the back.
- Are dogs allowed on the course? No animals are allowed on the course.
- Will there be portable restrooms on the course? Yes, there will be portable restrooms located at the Start, Finish and LOTS of them along the course.
- Is wearing the timing tag mandatory? Yes, your timing tag allows for official times to be recorded and accurate calculation of placement. Exact instructions are provided with the timing tags.
Race Day Shuttles/Transportation
Can I take a shuttle to the starting line? Shuttles to the start leave every 5 minutes from shuttle stop locations (Valley River Inn, Hilton Eugene, Gateway in Springfield and other TBD locations). Check back this winter for additional shuttle location information. Pre-race shuttles are only available to race participants from 4:30 - 5:40 am. Post-Race shuttles are available to participants and spectators. They leave the Finish Line and stop at the same 4 shuttle locations, running every 15 minutes from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. For complete shuttle information and parking tips visit the Race Day Details page.
How can I volunteer? We need your help! Click here to find out how to volunteer. All volunteers receive an official volunteer T-shirt, post race refreshments at Hayward Field and an all-around great experience!
General Weekend Information
Can my friends & family come to the weekend events? Absolutely! The Pasta Party ($15/$10) and the Health & Fitness Expo are open to the public. On race day, family and friends are encouraged to cheer at multiple locations along the course. Check out the Entertainment webpage for a complete list of bands playing along the course. Spectators are also welcome to enjoy the post race atmosphere at the finish line - music, food vendors and great people watching!
- Race Information
- Travel/Eugene Info
- Partner Offers
- Contact Us
Join our email list for specials and the inside scoop on the 2014 Eugene Marathon.
We have partnered with Crowdrise to encourage the entire community to unite and fundraise for their favorite charities.