- Registration Info
- Race Information
- Travel/Eugene Info
- Eugene Has Heart
- 26 Reasons
- Road to Eugene
- Contact Us
Join our email list for specials and the inside scoop on the 2016 Eugene Marathon.
- How can I verify that I am officlally registered? After you've registered, you should receive an email confirmation. If you'd like to double check, click here (2016 confirmation link available in August) to confirm your status. Just log into your Active.com account and look for "2016 Eugene Marathon" listed under your events. If you still cannot find your registration, please email us at email@example.com or call 877-345-2230.
- Are refunds available? Your race entry fee is non-refundable and bib numbers are not transferable to other runners or years. No exceptions.
- Can I transfer my registration to another runner or year? No, your registration, number and timing tag are non-transferable. No exceptions.
- What happens if I am unable to participate but want my t-shirt? You are welcome to pick up your packet and receive your participation t-shirt at the Health & Fitness Expo, though we are unable to mail packets. If you are injured but can still walk or jog, you may want to switch your registration to a shorter distance.
- Is online registration secure? Yes! Active.com handles all registrations and uses a security technology called Secure Socket Layers, or SSL, which encrypts your personal and credit card information while transferring it from your Internet browser to the Active.com servers.
Packet Pick-Up Information
- Is it mandatory to pick up my race packet? Yes. Your race packet includes your official race bib (with timing tag attached), safety pins for your bib and zip tie for your gear check tag. You must wear your bib on race day or you will not be allowed on the course. If you do not pick up your race packet at the Expo you will not be able to run the race. Packets cannot be mailed.
- Where and when can I pick up my race packet? Race packets will be available for pick-up at the Health & Fitness Expo. (See the 5K & Kids Duck Dash webpages for specific packet pick-up instructions for those races being held on Saturday, April 30th).
- What do I need to bring with me to pick up my packet? You may be asked for photo ID and it is always a good idea to bring a hard copy of your registration confirmation email. Bib # information is easily accessible at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Can a friend pick up my race packet on my behalf? Yes. Friends must have a copy of your registration confirmation email you received during registration. They must know the full name and correct spelling under which you registered in order to look up your bib number.
- What if I cannot make it to the Health & Fitness Expo during operating hours? We provide a race day late packet pick-up option ($15) for participants who absolutely cannot pick up their packet during expo hours. Participants purchasing this service must pick-up packets at the entrance to Soccer Field #1 (on 15th between University & Agate) on race morning between 5:30 – 6:15 a.m. Race officials will shut down this service promptly at 6:15 a.m. Limited space is available. Only participants who have paid in advance and reserved this service will be allowed to pick-up their packets race morning. Once you register for this service, you will not receive a refund if you pick-up your packet at the expo or cannot attend the race. Participants may reserve their space and purchase this option when registering online or click here to purchase.
- Is the Eugene Marathon a Boston Qualifier? Yes! The marathon & half marathon courses are USATF certified (OR11004LB & OR1105LB)! In other words, you can qualify for the Boston Marathon, Olympic Trials, and yes, even set an official world record.
- Will there be marathon pace groups? Yes. Check our Race Day Details page to find information.
- Are wheelchairs allowed on the course? Yes. If you will be participating in a wheelchair, please note this on your entry form. We strongly suggest that wheelchair participants be experienced racers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to race in a wheelchair, so that we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Are there age requirements? You must be at least 16 (full marathon) and 12 (half marathon) years of age by race day to participate.
- Are iPods or headphones allowed on the course? iPods, walkmans and other earpiece music devices are allowed on the course. If you choose to wear one please be extra cautious and mindful of the volume of your music and your presence on the course.
- Are baby strollers/joggers or un-registered friends allowed on the course? No. Baby strollers/joggers, baby carriers, in-line skates, bicyclists, or unregistered runners are not allowed on the course to ensure safety for all participants. However, there is a baby jogger start for the 5K race only. Runners & walkers with baby joggers in the 5K should line up at the back.
- Are dogs allowed on the course? No animals are allowed on the course.
- Will there be portable restrooms on the course? Yes, there will be portable restrooms located at the Start, Finish and LOTS of them along the course.
- Is wearing the timing tag mandatory? Yes, your timing tag allows for official times to be recorded and accurate calculation of placement. Exact instructions are provided with the timing tags.
Race Day Shuttles/Transportation
Can I take a shuttle to the starting line? Shuttles to the start leave every 5 minutes from shuttle stop locations (Valley River Inn, Hilton Eugene, Gateway in Springfield and Autzen Stadium). Pre-race shuttles are only available to race participants from 5:30 - 6:40 am. Post-Race shuttles are available to participants and spectators. They leave from the "Finish Festival" (15th & University) and stop at the same 4 shuttle locations, running every 15 minutes from 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. For complete shuttle information and parking tips visit the Race Day Details page.
How can I volunteer? We need your help! Click here to find out how to volunteer. All volunteers receive an official volunteer T-shirt, post race refreshments at Hayward Field and an all-around great experience!
General Weekend Information
Can my friends & family come to the weekend events? Absolutely! The Health & Fitness Expo are open to the public. On race day, family and friends are encouraged to cheer at multiple locations along the course. Check out the Entertainment and Spectator webpages for more information. Friends and family are encouraged to enjoy the "Finish Festival" after the race on the soccer fields next to Hayward Field - enjoy music, food vendors, beer gardenand great people watching!